Crispy Homemade Shake 'n Bake Pork Chops





You may remember way back in the day, back in 1965,  when “Shake ’n Bake” first appeared on the grocery shelf…
 
Shake ’n Bake provides a healthier, less-greasy alternative to frying.  


Vintage 1976

Manufactured by Kraft Foods, the flavored bread crumb-style coating for pork and chicken mimics the texture on the outside of fried foods.  It comes with its own baggie for you to shake the meat in order to cover it with the breading mixture.  

My homemade version is a copycat of the classic dish, only a hundred times better than the packaged version!




If you like crispy, savory chops, the crunch of these baked pork chops will be just the thing for you.  

No marinating needed ~ all that’s required is a resealable bag for covering the chops in the panko breadcrumb coating, made from ingredients right out of your pantry.


Serve the chops with rice and vegetables for an easy, delicious weeknight meal!




Yield: 4

Crispy Shake 'n Bake Pork Chops

This homemade Shake 'n Bake is easy and cheap to make. It makes a great crispy breading for your pork chops that is utterly satisfying.

INGREDIENTS:


  • 4 pork chops, about ¾” thick
  • 1½ panic bread crumbs
  • ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
  • ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
  • ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper

INSTRUCTIONS:


  1. Preheat oven to 400° and set wire rack on baking sheet.
  2. To a large resealable plastic bag, add panko and remaining ingredients, blend well.
  3. One at a time, place pork chop in bag and shake until evenly coated in panko mixture.
  4. Place chops on wire rack.
  5. Bake until pork is cooked through and bread crumbs are golden, about 25 minutes.
Created using The Recipes Generator



Enjoy!






Comments

  1. I have never seen breadcrumbs here for sale but easy enough to make my own, this sounds delicious. On my list. Take care and have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! We have all sorts of breadcrumbs to buy here. :) But, you're right, they're easy enough to make. This is a great way to make chops, good and tender!

      Delete
  2. Pam, Love breaded and baked pork chops. My wife uses spicy panko or Italian bread crumbs. I don't think that we've ever used Shake 'n Bake but maybe we should give it a try. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave! We love them too. I haven't used Shake 'n Bake since way back in the day though and was surprised to see it's still made. Take care

      Delete
  3. We used it when I was younger - your version sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry! I think I might add more garlic powder next time.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! It is, and good!

      Delete
  5. I usually don't eat pork, but I suppose pork chops , done the right way , are as delicious as other meat chops. High quality breadcrumbs and the right seasoning are a must in this kind of dish.
    Your recipe looks easy to prepare (no marinating) and healthy (no frying). The cuts on the plate look most appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be good on chicken also, Duta! It's easy and good. Take care

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, those sure look delicious! Baked and not fried, no mess from frying and healthier to eat too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce! Yes, no mess and healthier. Take care

      Delete
  7. Can you believe that I have never used this product? My husband was telling me about it...that he grew up with it. I love the look of this pork chops...and love that they are baked.
    Have a wonderful week ahead Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used it many years. It's so easy to make myself and add what we like to it. Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  8. I love breaded pork chops and I love your recipe. Thanks For the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gerlinde! I do too, they're really tasty. Take care

      Delete
  9. Shake and Bake - and I helped! That was totally me in 1965 helping my mom in the kitchen. Like many families - this was a staple in our pantry. But I LOVE your homemade version - way to go Pam!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Tricia! I remember that! ...I helped! Thanks, homemade is good! Have a great rest of the week! Cheers!

      Delete
  10. Love breaded anything! Although I have to admit I've never actually used the Shake 'n Bake product. Although I've probably had someone make something with it and serve it to me. Anyway, this looks terrific. Winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John! It was an oldie but goodie, I guess. Glad you like this. Have a great rest of the week/weekend!

      Delete
  11. I remember those funny Shake n Bake commercials.
    I don't think my mom ever used this though. But I would
    definitely use your recipe. Sounds delish!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melinda! I know my mom didn't use Shake 'n Bake either. She was a "from scratch" sort of cook. Great that you like my version, thanks!

      Delete
  12. OMG! it looks so delicious!

    But why aren't you using some tool for generating recipe cards for your recipes?
    Here is a good one with nice features: http://www.recipesgenerator.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, what a blast from the past. Cannot the remember the last time I had shake and bake but I remember it being in the pantry as a child. I used to love it. And I think now it does sound way cooler to do your own! Love the touch of using panko bread crumbs as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Evelyn! I guess out of curiosity, I will have to buy a box of it and see what it's like now, maybe! It's so easy to make your own though. Take care

      Delete
  14. Perfect for busy weekdays Pam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katerina! Have a good week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

________________________

Sandwiches are wonderful. You don’t need a spoon or a plate.
- Paul Lynde
_______________

Hi!
I am happy to hear what you have to say, and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.
Keep Smiling,
Pam
_________________________

Printfriendly


When you feel like eating boiled eggs,

if you have some truffles in the house,

put them in a basket

with the eggs

and the next day you will have the

best boiled eggs you have ever tasted in your gastronomic life.

--- M.Des Ombiaux



Popular posts from this blog

Tender and Delicious Italian-Style Baked Chicken Breasts

Succulent Slow-cooker Pork Loin in Gravy

Bubba’s Winning Homemade Summer Sausage

The Best Lemon Pound Cake ~ I’m Telling You the Truth!

Dinner Party

Dinner Party
Jules-Alexandre Grun

Since 2009